Molecular imaging of oncological pathologies of biological tissues in the terahertz range of the spectrum using time-resolved laser spectroscopy, big data analysis technologies and machine learning. RFBR project. Agreement No. 17-00-00186 dated 31.10.2017. Head – Kistenev Yu.V.
Aim of the project:
Research on the metabolic analysis of oncological pathologies of biological tissues based on terahertz laser spectroscopy.
– Formation of a database of research objects.
– Ex-vivo study of the optical characteristics of biological tissues in various subranges of the terahertz range of the spectrum using Time-domain spectroscopy (TDS) methods.
– Development of effective approaches for identifying informative features of the spatial spectral characteristics of biological tissues in the terahertz range of the spectrum.
– Development of effective approaches to the localization and differentiation of skin oncological diseases using Time-domain spectroscopy methods in the terahertz spectrum, big data analysis technologies and machine learning.
– Obtaining new data on spatial distributions of experimental absorption spectra for paraffin sections of biological tissues of prostate adenocarcinoma.
Collagen photo crosslinking under conditions of optical tissue clearing. RFBR project. Agreement No. 17-32-50190 dated 10.01.2018. Head – Kistenev Yu.V.
Aims of the project:
Development of the physical basis for the treatment of progressive myopia characterized by scleral stretching. By the methods of optical coherence tomography and terahertz spectroscopy the interaction of immersion agents with sclera was identified: stage which dominant process is dehydration of the tissue and the stage of tissue swelling caused by diffusion of antireflecting substances into the tissue.
Comparative data for various immersion agents for the effect of optical clearing on an increase in the number of collagen crosslinks in the thickness of the sclera and data on the magnitude of the irreversible contraction of scleral tissue during sensitized UV photo exposure under various conditions of optical clearing was obtained.
Research and development of a two-stage optical parametric oscillator with a wide wavelength adjustment for detecting molecular metabolites in a human exhale using optical-acoustic spectroscopy (Boyko Andrey Aleksandrovich). RFBR project. Agreement 19-32-60055 \ 19 dated 22.08.2019. Head – Kistenev Yu.V.
Aim of the project:
Research and creation of a laboratory bench for highly sensitive optical-acoustic screening diagnostics of human exhalation to detect markers of oxidative stress and identify the appropriate nosology.
– Obtaining threshold, energy and tuning characteristics of a two-stage OPO with the implementation of the required wavelength range in the mid-IR range.
– Obtaining the calculated data of the parameters of the layout of the laser optical-acoustic cell, resonant frequency, quality factor of the acoustic resonator, optimal channel sizes.
– Development of protocols for the diagnostics of molecular metabolites of oxidative stress.
Investigation of the early stages of lymphedema development using biophotonics methods to search for approaches to non-invasive diagnostics of this disease. RFBR project. Agreement No. 18-42-703012 dated 09.06.2018. Head – Sandykova E.A.
Aim of the project:
Investigation of the early stages of lymphedema development using biophotonics methods to search for approaches to non-invasive diagnostics of this disease.
It is expected to obtain a reliable dependence of the change in the parameters studied in MPM and OCT on the severity of edema and the development of the pathological process in the tissues, and confirm this not only based on the anthropometric research method, but also the results of a histological examination (reference method). The optical coherent elastography method will also be tested to study the elastic properties of the skin with lymphedema.
Development of classification rules for lung cancer screening based on the analysis of metabolic profiles in gas bioassays of patients. Federal Targeted Programme for Research and Development, head in charge Yury V. Kistenev
Spetsialnie tekhnologii (Novosibirsk)
Identification of specific spectral characteristics (metabolic profile or profile of the absorption spectrum of the samples) in the exhaled air of patients with underlying bronchopulmonary diseases and using this data for the development of classification rules for screening diagnostics.